Thursday, February 11, 2016

February Sayings Part 1 (most likely)

We had a 6 year old friend stay with us for a few days. Her school released during Benjamin's nap time (which we are religious about) so I asked Charity to come sit at my house while I picked up the friend. She's the one who told me this story. For any of you who know Benjamin on a personal level, you know the issues we've gone through with sleep. Most of the problems are gone, but he remains an extremely light sleeper (as in if the fork clinks on the bowl he wakes up and doesn't go back down). Yes, we tried the vacuum and music and all those tips, but have just learned to deal with it. Well, Katheryn makes little baby sounds of course at 7 months old. He must have heard her because all of a sudden Charity heard him yelling "Mama, baby Peter come out? Baby Peter come out??" He thought those baby sounds were from his little brother who must have come out of my stomach! lol Poor guy still has to wait 3.5 months!

Benjamin's whole body has been covered in awful eczema  that he scratches non-stop. He had it when he was a baby but we found an oil that helped get rid of it for over a year. It came back and the oil - as well as everything we've tried - isn't working. It's from his neck to his toes and is a constant mess of blood and scabs. He's going to have some awful scars. We're always trying to get him not to scratch, probably saying 20 times a day "don't scratch, Benjamin. Rub it!" Well, he was sitting on the toilet the other day and he yelled out "Mama, I'm scratching!!" I replied, "Don't scratch! Rub!" He responded, "Okay!!" Sometimes you just need someone to tell you something you already know.

I've been fighting a sore throat/cough thing. In the car I had a coughing/clearing throat attack. After it was done he said "Mama, you okay?" I said "Yes, I was just coughing." He replied in a matter of fact voice, "Oh. I thought you was choking."

A student's family recently gave us a red covered sandbox. We haven't put sand in it yet, but Benjamin likes to put his outside toys in it. The other day he was looking for a particular toy and said: "I think it's in the snow box".
"The what?"
"The ssssssnowbox" (sometimes I pretend I don't understand him when he doesn't say his "ss")
"The what?"
"The ssssssssnobox."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"You know, it's red." (goes to the window and points at it)
"Oh, the SAND box!" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment