Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Cute sayings from last month

Telling Benjamin about what we're going to do on Saturday:

"...and then Joy or Grace will come watch you while we go on a date."
"With me?"
"No, just mommy and daddy."
"And me?"
"No, when you're 16 you can go on a date with girls."
"With girls??"
"Yep, and you can go on a date with mommy."
"And hold your hand."
"Yes, you can hold my hand."
"And I go on a date with Nobuko" (the 60+ year old mom of one of my students).
"Ok, you can go on a date with Nobuko when you're 16."
"I not hold Nobuko's hand. I hold your hand. On our date we build a snowman. And kick it over. Then build a blue snowman. Blue is my favorite color. And we build a purple snowman. Purple your favorite color mommy?"


Lamoni asking Benjamin about nursery on Sunday:

L: "Who did you play with?"
B: "Ryan."
L: "Who else did you play with?"
B: "Um....."
L: "With Hadlie?"
B: "No, not with Hadlie. With.... (turns to me) How's her called, Mommy?"
Hope: "Katie?"
B: "Yes! Katie!"

Driving past a fire station he points it out and gets excited.
B: I'm a man. I'm a fireman!
M: Oh, do you fight fires?
B: No.
M: Do you put water on the fires?
B: No.
M: Well that's what firemen do - they put out fires.
B: No them don't. The firemen sit in fire trucks.

At the bank Benjamin happily pointed out the "S store." I told him it's called Smith's. So then he started calling it Joseph Smith's store!

Benjamin: "I'm a boy. Daddy's a boy. Peter's a boy. You're a girl, right Mommy?"
Me: "Yes I am. I am the ONLY girl in our family!
Benjamin: (makes a sad face) "That's SO sad!!"

*Does something adorable*. I smile and laugh at him.
Benjamin: "I'm so cute, Mommy?"

Me: "Don't touch it please Benjamin"
Benjamin: "I'm not touching it. I'm just looking at it with my hands."

After I picked him up out of the crib and sat him on my lap.
Benjamin: "Your tummy is getting BIG Mommy! I think the timer says it's time for the baby to come out."

Lecturing Benjamin in the car after he threw a fit somewhere.
Me: "Benjamin, it's not nice to throw fits. No more throwing fits okay?"
Benjamin: "Yeah, we can only kick fits, huh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment