Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Benjamin Sayings

Benjamin's imagination has been running wild. On the way home the other day out of the blue he asked, "Mama, can we go to Africa?" I told him we couldn't because we have to go over the ocean and we needed a plane. He said "I'm a pilot and can fly the plane!" I told him I was too scared to go on an airplane flown by a 2 year old. He told me I could get a big airplane with a different pilot and he will fly his baby airplane. When we got out of the car at UPS he said "Are we at Africa??" Later I told him we had to go somewhere and he said, "No! I want to go to Africa!!"

He woke up the other day from his nap yelling "Mama, I see a monster! Look, there's a monster!!" I went to see what was going on and he was standing in his crib pointing at the wall. He was mostly excited, not scared. I couldn't find anything that resembled a monster so I let him down and asked him to touch the monster. He touched the pure white wall and said, "The monster is right there. It's huuuuuge!!"

Other cute things he says:

Come at me bro!

In response to me pretending to eat him "No, Mama! You can't eat peoples. It's not nice!"

(out of the blue) "Mom, there's frankincense on my red ball." I had to ask him 3 times to repeat it because it was so random.

Whenever something happens and we make any sort of reaction he says "What happened? Mama, what's happening?" He always wants to know what's going on.

We watched a movie with some friends the other night. A man had been in a car accident and Benjamin was so worried about him, as well as asking tons of questions when he saw the wife crying. Our friends commented on how empathetic he is which made me happy because that is one of my goals as a mother to instill in him.

He loves baby Peter. He will bring him toys, food and talk to him. He constantly brings him up. "Look Mama! It's a baby rock for baby Peter. The big rock is for me." etc.

We were looking at his animal book and I was telling him about the different animals. Everything I told him he responded with "yeah, I learned that at school." Haha! He must hear Lamoni say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment