Monday, September 1, 2014

Lake Winnie

Here is our family reunion. Again. Each year we say it's our last year braving the 24 hour each way drive to northern Minnesota. But each year we have a blast and go back again. 


Packing up and starting out. Little did we know that we would have 12 STRAIGHT hours of severe thunderstorms. Severe, as in lightening above, in front, both sides and behind us all at the *same* time through Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska. I think I lost a few years off of my life. I have never seen anything like that before. The men were the brave drivers - Lamoni drove during the worst of the lightening and Jarrett took on hours of the heavy rain. So heavy in fact that we couldn't see the lanes on the road.




Benjamin helped. He ended up getting a sore throat - except we didn't know what was wrong with him. Poor baby. We thought it was teething, but then the sore throat was passed around the cabin. It was a really nasty one. 


On a walk while Lamoni was fishing. I made the picture big so you could read the sign: "Foot travel welcome." I found that comical, given that the brush was chest high. 


Benjamin ended up falling asleep on the rocky road.




Overlooking a dock and the beach at the resort. Beautiful sunsets every night!



Poor Jared. Lamoni made a meme with this picture about going to Lake Winnie and not catching any fish. I think that's what my dad and brothers would look like if that happened.


This is a common spot for Benjamin (at home too). He doesn't want to miss out on any action or lose a chance to escape when the door opens!



Somewhere there is a picture of me and Lamoni at this very sink 6 years ago before our missions washing dishes together (and having a water fight). Now we gave our baby a bath in the same sink!


Yay for the Ergo!


Jacob showing off a good catch.


Benjamin spent lots of time in the pool with Uncle Jarrett since he was the only adult brave enough (besides my mom) to swim the frigid water and actually enjoy it.


Sharing with grandma....then deciding he wants some too.


In the game room with Lamoni. He has a thing for steering wheels.


Lots and lots of fishing.



Faith took all 4 kids out! I'm sure Jason did too at one point, but I wasn't on that trip.




Lamoni's other past-time - wrestling Ryan.



Grandma and Grace time



Paddle-boarding was so fun I just had to let Benjamin experience it. :-) He started dozing off on it! 




Benjamin's favorite person - besides his parents of course. Michael is the only person Benjamin will sit through all of church with. He LOVES Michael. It's kind of weird.


Family paddle-boating time.


Campfire with cousins. I made the s'mores since I don't like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment