Sunday, May 11, 2014

5.11.14

I can't go to sleep, so I figured I would blog some (instead of reading more of others' blogs!). It's too bad too because sleep is such a precious thing around here! The baby is up at least 2-3 times and it's so hard to get up for him. If I'm not able to take a nap during the day I'm about 20% there in the evening times. That does not equal a very happy Hope! The last week of my mission my mission president had me write a letter to myself and the office would send it to me two years after I returned home. I completely forgot about that, but a week ago the letter came! It's pretty funny because the last paragraph of the letter to myself says "if you're having a hard time or frustrated - say a prayer, take a long nap and eat something yummy. Then everything will be okay." Some things never change!

Oh yep. Guess who's awake and happy on my lap now? And it's almost 1:30 a.m. Good thing I didn't give in and go to bed...

Anyway, here are some pictures of our cute Benjamonster who thinks he doesn't have time for sleep!


Buying off-brand diapers that give him the coverage on the left lead to messes like this on the right! In the middle of teaching...without a babysitter...try giving a lesson with both parents observing and bathing your baby who has poop from his knees to his neck in the middle of it!




Charity, Joy and I were asked to play a few violin trios at a High Priests Social. Benjamin thoroughly enjoyed it.


 More pictures of the poor sick baby. He never got any symptoms - just a fever on and off for a few days. And no teeth popped out later either so I don't know what it was! The wrap saved me that week. Usually he doesn't like being constrained, but while he was sick he just wanted to be touching us at all times.


When he could only scoot backwards (he figured out scooting forwards a few days ago) he would end up under the couch to his dismay!


This table amuses him

They finally have matching batman shirts!

 This is how I shower - with Benjamin playing with his favorite dog. 

Changing diapers is interesting when he's sucking emphatically on his big toe.

Sometimes we give him little bits of our dinner to keep him happy while we eat. If you look closely you'll see cornbread all over his face!

Sucking on the cup and sticking his hands into it to grab the ice doesn't work so well. He was sure getting frustrated!

Ok, I'm off to see if I can get this guy back to sleep. I'm still not tired. :-/ It's going to be a long 3 hours of church tomorrow with my 7-8 year old class!

No comments:

Post a Comment