Friday, May 23, 2014

Saturday

Saturday I played with the New Mexico Philharmonic at one of their zoo concerts. I love playing at the zoo because the animals are so loud while we're playing and it's a much more fun, relaxed environment that a typical concert hall. It was a tribute to Benny Goodman and the clarinetist and his jazz band were beyond amazing. I don't even like clarinet that much and I LOVED the concert. Wow. That's all I can say. Lamoni also said it was hands down his favorite concert ever. Benjamin got to come too because kids are allowed at the zoo concerts! It was a late night since we didn't get home til 10:30 p.m. but it was fun! That whole day was crazy because I had rehearsal all morning, then I rushed with Benjamin to watch some of Charity's graduation from UNM while Lamoni went to a new business owner's house to set up a grand opening we were doing for her. It took me forever to find parking, then I had to speed walk for 10 minutes. I only got to see about 15 minutes (if that) of the graduation ceremony til I left Benjamin with my mom there and raced over to the grand opening to help with that. We left her house and went straight to my parents' where there was a BBQ for Charity's celebration, shoved down food, went to the zoo and finally got home at 10:30. It was crazy. The entire day was literally either double or triple booked. I won't even go into all the things we had to skip or reschedule that day.
 Lamoni and Benjamin at the zoo concert

Charity's Graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment