Tuesday, April 22, 2014

General Conference

It was my birthday on Saturday (the 5th)- which was also the broadcasted general conference for our church (https://www.lds.org/general-conference). Lamoni was able to get work off which was really nice. I can't remember the last Saturday morning that we had at home together! In the morning we woke up and went to a 100 mother yard sale. The line was 45 minutes long so we didn't get anything but there were some really neat crafts/homemade clothes that were fun to look at. We watched the Saturday morning session (yay Elder Holland!) I taught a lesson then we went to Tucano's brazilian restaurant for lunch. That's a tradition. It is sooo delicious. It definitely is only worth it if you have the free birthday meal, though! Otherwise it's over $50 for two people which is a week's budget of groceries for us! We returned to watch the afternoon session and then I left to show a business plan while Lamoni went to the Priesthood session at the church. Overall it was a nice laid-back day and we've enjoyed the continuation of that today (the 6th)! I love hearing all the talks at conference. I remember when I was younger it seemed to drag on forever but now it flies by and I enjoy every talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment