Sunday, October 18, 2020

June 2020

Peter: 2 days ago I got a headache. It's right here (points to a bug bite on arm), see it?

Me: Alexa, play Bach violin concerto.
Peter: Nooo! I don't want a girl song!


I think this was my first time going out with the kids since the pandemic started in March! Krispy Kreme was having a free donut day. They let customers in one family at a time. 

Benjamin took this picture of Liam. He loves to photograph his little brth



We took swim lessons June-Aug. A student of mine had a big brother home between his mission and college who was offering lessons. It was so nice to have something to leave the house for in the mornings. We're used to being busy out doing things and after a couple months of being home-bound we were all getting pretty down. 

There were lots of Peter quotes from swim lessons (he had a very patient teacher!) but my favorite one was when Gabe was catching him at the bottom of the water slide. He said, "Come closer! I'm only 4 years old!"

Girls night at my mom's house while Grace was visiting from Minnesota.

My mom has a fruit delivery business and has been offering baked goods as well. One weekend she was short a bunch of cinnamon rolls and her supplier was out of town. I said I'd make them since Lamoni was helping his parents move and I was stuck at home because of Covid... So I made 13 dozen cinnamon rolls that Saturday with a 4 year old and a baby!








All these toys had been in the bin and Liam emptied them all out! I should probably be worried if he's already doing this at 6 months old. 

I haven't been having Benjamin take naps, but he has reading time on the couch. One day I snuggled with him while I did my reading and he fell asleep on me.


Benjamin went with Lamoni to help his parents prepare to move again. Dantes and Qunisa have been with them so Benjamin takes any chance to go play. Peter isn't quite at the age where I felt comfortable sending him. Benjamin missed Katheryn's birthday party so we had her over on her actual birthday and celebrated. 

I made a cake and gave them the frosting and went and taught an online lesson while they decorated the cake.


This is what they came up with! Needless to say, I don't think the adults had any, but the kids had a blast.


The line at Target. Note the black lines on the floor showing 6 feet social distance. It's so weird to be out.



Liam and one of Charity's friend's babies. They're just a couple months apart and look at the difference in legs!





Peter had the time of his life at Katheryn's party.

Lamoni's drawing of Captain America.


Look at that Boss Baby!

We had lots of game nights with Riley and Sabrina during stay-at-home orders.






Benjamin learned the back stroke at swim lessons.

The yummiest tacos Lamoni made one night.








The playgrounds opened up later in June! 

Father's Day breakfast.

Benjamin drawing a picture for a lady in our church congregation.






The boys went through a phase where they painted rocks every day. They made some really cool ones - my favorites were the planets in the solar system.

We go on lots of walks. Usually one during the day and another when Lamoni gets home in the evening.



All ready to go with the walker.


Sabrina and Riley bought fireworks for everyone to have fun with the Sunday before Independence Day.


Peter wasn't a fan of the fire crackers again this year, but he really liked the sparklers.

Sunday games after dinner.



Benjamin has been big into ninjas lately and makes all kinds of cool costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment