Sunday, February 19, 2017

January/February Sayings and Accomplishments

Me: My stomach is killing me!
Benjamin: You can kill it back!

Benjamin: DAD spells dad. How do you spell Dada?
Me: Dada
Benjamin: DADA haha! MOM spells mom. MOMO spells Mama
Me: Actually, Mama is MAMA
Benjamin: Why?
Me: I have no idea.....

I guess we have told Benjamin to obey a lot because the other day he came into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, I asked you to get me a drink of water. Why didn't you obey me??

On our trip to Colorado for Josie's funeral (my first student was killed in by a drunk driver at 19 years old :-( Lamoni stayed in the car with Peter who was sleeping. When we walked back and Benjamin saw Lamoni sleeping he said, "Daddies can't sleep! Daddies' jobs are to drive, KIDS' jobs are to sleep, and Mommies' jobs are to talk to Daddies.

On our way back going over Red Mountain Pass (which is very steep) his ears must have been plugged because he said, "When I sing the song pushes me." and then "Wow! My ears just made a sound!"

He starts many conversations with "Mommy, 'member when I was a little boy and I..." even if he's talking about something from the day before.

Jared had a sleepover at our house. I overheard many cute things. Benjamin told him, "adult boys are called men. Adult girls are called hobos." And "See that playground? When we go there for a meeting we can play and have lots of fun. We can go down the slide, we can play basketball, we can tell me mom something, we can climb up the ladder..." I thought it was funny he included "tell my mom something" in the list of fun things to do.

In primary the children get to glue a gumball onto our gumball machine if they can recite the month's scripture. Benjamin raised his hand to recite today and went up to the podium and said the whole scripture (with a couple of prompts). I was so impressed! We had said it together this week but I didn't know he could do it himself and would volunteer in front of everyone. He even said the reference all on his own "Mosiah chapter 2 verse 22".

Benjamin can write his own name! He knows and can write most of his letters (capital and lowercase). One of his favorite past times is to sit at the table with pen and paper while I'm busy and has me spell words for him to write. It is adorable.

His goal in Joy School for the goals module was to button and unbutton which he "tried and tried and tried so hard and then I did it!"

Peter will scoot in a circle and backwards and will roll if he absolutely has to, but he prefers to sit and stand. He pulled himself up the other day against the toy box and got stuck. He is also trying to cruise along the couch. He loves to walk holding onto our hands. He sings at the top of his lungs during the songs and church and is developing quite the sense of humor. He enjoys making us all laugh and LOVES Benjamin. He squeals with joy after seeing Benjamin when he wakes up. At 8 months old he still weighs 22 pounds and is in 12 month clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment