Sunday, June 5, 2016

May

May was a fun month because Lamoni graduated with his MSW and then was free the rest of the month! It was so nice having him around and we got to do some fun things before the baby came. It was also helpful to have him assist with my crazy nesting urges. I would have never finished the whole to-do list without him! He had an interview back in April for a position at the VA and we just heard back this week that he got it. Since it's Federal government it's a very slow process. We still don't know what his start date is, but everything on his end is done. He also got his provisional Social Work license in the mail yesterday, so he is official! He has a year now to take the real test for his license.


Watching the train go by at the play place. 


Finishing his very last paper EVER!


Benjamin loves to perform when he has an audience....he doesn't love to play the cello when it's just me and him practicing. I use bribery, manipulation, threats etc. It works. :-) He can play Bob is a Noisy Bird and the first few notes of Twinkle Variation A all by himself. Not bad for 2 years old.


We went on a hike (a loose term since I was 39 weeks - more like an uphill slow walk) in the Sandias. Benjamin was so excited to go up on the mountain but didn't believe we were on it because he could see a peak higher than we were. He kept pointing to it and saying he wanted to go on the mountain. I remember thinking the same thing as a kid!



I thought the shadow of my belly was cool.


Benjamin still says "hold you!" when he wants to be held, so Lamoni let him hold him.


Benjamin in his new big boy bed. He now goes to sleep about 10 p.m. instead of 8 p.m. because he is a skilled stall-er. "I need to go to the bathroom. I NEED water. I'm so hungry! Where is my teddy bear? My blankets fell off! Can you tuck me in again? There's a lion in the corner of my bed!"


Lunch with Aunt Jacqueline who flew into Albuquerque and then drove up to Bloomfield. We were hoping the baby would be here by then, but at least she got to see him on her way back out of town. We went to 5 Start Burgers and it was delicious. We would highly recommend it.


Lamoni's art work. I told him he should go downtown and be a street artist. :-)


Benjamin has been very daring with climbing, jumping etc.


Playing "golf" outside


Learning how to use the mouse. Someone gave us a Gingerbread Man computer game that we let him use one time. Never again. It caused so many tantrums and non-stop begging to play it after that one time. It's the same reason we don't watch TV and take away his Halloween/Christmas/Easter candy. It's all or nothing.




That's Lamoni on the left on his first day of preschool (Benjamin is in the rest of the pictures). We included that picture on his graduation announcement and so many people thought it was Benjamin! 


Our ward didn't have a father/son camp out this year, so Jason invited Lamoni and Benjamin to go with their ward. He had so much fun even though Lamoni said it got into the 20s that night. I asked him what camping is and he said "pee on trees." Such a boy.


The drive home. I wonder how much sleep they got in the tent...


Benjamin got his very own Captain America shirt!


Playing all the time.


Lamoni had to get something at Walmart, where we rarely ever go, and Benjamin saw this mask. He now refers to Walmart as the Darth Vader store.


How I got through the last few weeks of pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment