Sunday, July 12, 2020

April 2020

Helping with laundry


The progression of Peter with Liam - starts out nicely reading a book, then smothers with kisses, then dances on top of him...


We put Benjamin to sleep in our room because Peter has a hard time falling asleep if anyone is in there. One night we came in our room and Peter had snuck in there and fell asleep with Benjamin.

We had lots of snuggle time watching General Conference from home.





There is a wilderness area with a pond up the hill across from our house so we went on a walk up there between sessions.


We have lots of fun with Sabrina, our renter, and Riley her fiance.

We went on a hike with Jacob and Kathryn in the foothills. Peter is still very into gathering sticks.



Lamoni made swords for the boys.

We have been spending lots of time outside because there's not anything else to do because of COVID and the weather has been so nice.

Peter has been big into playing with my utensils. They disappeared one day and I didn't find them for a day or two.


We also spend a lot of time in the car since only 1 person is supposed to go into stores now.



Benjamin had a blast decorating eggs.


Benjamin and Peter were sooo excited for our Easter egg hunt! Peter woke up at the crack of dawn asking if the Easter bunny came. We made him go back to sleep then they both woke up at 7 a.m. so Lamoni got them all ready for Sunday so the Easter bunny would have time to do his work. 






I made the obligatory monkey bread.

Sabrina is so good to the boys. She took family pictures of our family and let the boys take turns taking pictures with her camera.

That evening we had a "social distance" Easter egg hunt at my parents' with Charity and Jarrett.







We went up to the Jemez mountains and stopped at Soda Springs.





Then we went to Battleship Rock and took a trail that led next to a stream. It was the perfect temperature and such a nice hike.








Benjamin is becoming such an artist.

Liam communicates by spitting. If someone walks into the room and he wants your attention, he will spit until you come to him!


One day I was upstairs putting the baby asleep when I heard Peter screaming my name. I thought the boys were downstairs so I ignored him but after awhile I felt like I should go check. It turns out the boys were in the backyard and Peter was standing up on the wall between our house and our neighbor. He couldn't get down and wanted me to bring a chair to him (Benjamin had moved it). I told him I'd help him down but he couldn't walk on the wall anymore. He insisted he could. I told him it wasn't our wall, it was our neighbor's. He replied that its both of our walls (he is getting very smart...). I told him that since it's both of ours and that if he wanted to be on it he needed to ask our neighbor. I figured that would deter him. Nope, he marched through our house, down the sidewalk and went right up to our neighbor's door on his own and rang her doorbell 3 times. Luckily she didn't answer. Instead of getting discouraged he plopped himself down on her bench to wait til she got home! I waited for 10 minutes for him to give up but he didn't! I watched him from our doorway but had other things to do and didn't want to leave him so I called Lamoni and had him convince Peter that he couldn't walk on the wall. He is a determined little guy!

Lamoni took the boys to play at the river.


I saw this online and thought it would be fun to make. It turned out great!


This is what school looks like every morning for us. It's a nice time together.

Peter's pictures are starting to get more variety. Here is a Christmas tree with presents on teh right and reindeer on the left.




Family pictures that Sabrina took for us. It was also my 31st birthday!


Benjamin has been doing Zoom lessons with Ms Lisa since we can't do anything in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment