Sunday, February 9, 2020

October 2019


After we got back from New York, we spent a couple nights at my parents' house during the balloon fiesta. They live so close to it and we loved waking up to the balloons. 


View from my parents' backyard. The balloons land in the park right there.





Michael and Audrey brought Benjamin to the balloon park since it was his birthday. Benjamin didn't talk much about the balloons but seemed most impressed by the traffic and the cold (he had to wake up at 5 a.m. to go!)

After Benjamin got back from the balloon fiesta, we headed over to our favorite park for his birthday party. He chose a Lego Star Wars. I asked him why he wanted another Lego party when he had a Lego Avengers party a couple of years ago. He said, "I was hoping to get a Lego Captain America . That didn't work out!" What 4 year old plans his party thinking of what he can "get out of it"?! Luckily I asked him what he wanted "to get out of" this party and he said a Lego X-Wing. Good thing I asked so I didn't blow it again.



He made a homemade invitation for each guest.


We kept it simple and just invited kids from his primary class. It was perfect.


We spent a couple hours at Grandma's house building lego sets.

Then we went to the parade of homes. The boys were exhausted by this point and took a nap on the way!
We went to the most expensive homes on the list. :-)

Benjamin enjoyed looking at the Star Wars book that Jacob's girlfriend, Kathryn, gave him for his birthday while we drove from house to house.


More balloons from my parents' house.

Here are the balloons one morning from our house!


We got a grill and put lights up on our back patio. It was warm enough for about 2 weeks to sit out there and we look forward to when it's warm again!

Benjamin's X-Wing after many hours of putting it together.

This is how many pillows I sleep with pregnant. Actually, one of the pillows is Lamoni's.

At 35 weeks pregnant we flew back to Michigan for a conference.
You can't see it, but I brought a pillow to sit with. 

We slept in the airport since we had to check in at 5 a.m.

I was soooo swollen after the flight home. I didn't fully recover til after I had Liam. I did so well on the other 11 flights...

Another lego kit Benjamin got.

Peter is big into drama. He is almost always some character. Here is he Nephi where his brothers tied him up.

Grandma Sam spent a lot of time with us this month.


I helped put on our ward Halloween party at church. We had a dinner, pie contest, carnival and trunk or treat. Benjamin and Peter were Aladdin and Abu. The boys have been obsessed with Aladdin after watching it on Broadway.




We have enjoyed actually having a TV til we give it back to Charity and Jarrett...which may never happen!

It takes full effort to get Peter's socks and shoes on when he doesn't want to.

At 37 weeks we decided we should probably get ready for the baby! We emptied all of our baby storage out and wow, we had a lot! I ended up giving away a lot. We still had 94 onesies from Newborn to 3 months after I got rid of all the stained ones.

Benjamin's Monster Play-in at UNM. It's the first time he's expressed self-awareness about his appearance. He seemed so sad on stage the whole time so afterwards I asked him what was up. He said he was the only kid in a costume that wasn't from the store. I wish he realized how much cooler it is that he made his and Peter's costumes (with some help) than a cheap store-bought costume. I just practiced my listening skills, though, and hope that he will be a leader of his peers and not just a follower.

Making their own pizza.

Just like when Peter was a baby - he still enjoys lying on people.

Peter met Spiderman while out with Daddy.

Benjamin is playing the violin and Peter is conducting the music.

Lamoni wakes up at 6 a.m. to study. I can't sleep in the heat, so instead of turning the heat on when he wakes up he bundles up like this!

Benjamin recently started begging for cool things he sees at stores. I told him he isn't allowed to beg, but he can say he likes something or ask how much it costs so he can see if he has enough money for it. Grammy sent him $20 for his birthday but it didn't take him long to realize most toys are more than that. At Target normal toys can cost $80-$100! Poor guy seemed so deflated week after week of things costing too much for him. One night I was looking through the clearance rack at H&M and saw these Incredibles costumes. On them there was a red sticker that said $3. I called Benjamin over and showed it to him. He was so excited he had enough money that he started dancing around the store, which is very uncharacteristic of him.

Doing puzzles while I'm teaching.

Since Benjamin got his cool store-bought costume, they decided to wear those for trick-or-treating.

We went with Jacob and Kathryn and Charity and Jarrett in their neighborhood.






No comments:

Post a Comment