Sunday, October 22, 2017

5th Anniversary

When we celebrated our 4th anniversary, Lamoni requested that he plan our 5th. Since then I was curious what he had up his sleeve. I didn't know until the morning of our 5th anniversary. It is hard to keep secrets from me and he is learning to do a very good job! I was up, dressed and was eating breakfast with the boys, about to go out shopping when the doorbell rang. It was Charity. She had a rose with a clue attached. That was the start to a surprise-filled 2 days! Backing up to before the morning of...All of my students had mysteriously canceled. I should have suspected something then, but they all had good excuses. Even my most serious students who would never do anything funny like this canceled. Lamoni had logged on to my google account on the computer, accessed my calendar and phone contacts and called them all (I think I had 6 students that day) to cancel! 
The scavenger hunt led to about 5 places that had meaning in our 5 years in Albuquerque. At each location there was a rose with another clue attached. I had to take a selfie there, send it to Lamoni and listen to the song he sent me.
The second to last clue led to the Macaroni Grill. We had our first date at a Macaroni Grill in LA so I thought that would be the end, Lamoni would surprise me there and we'd have lunch. To my surprise when I showed up they had lunch ready for me to take along with another rose and clue leading home. As I walked up to go inside, Lamoni came outside with our bags packed. Charity was staying with the boys (Peter was still full-time nursing. 2 weeks before Charity had asked me to pump for a "mom" and I gave her a bunch of milk. That mom was me..). We were on the road before he told me he had planned a stay in Ruidoso, NM. It was gorgeous there. The Durango of New Mexico. New Mexico is not a very pretty state (unless you like brown) but you would never guess we were in New Mexico there. We went on a hike that was beyond description. I want to take the boys back there. We walked around the quaint downtown and at a humongous buffet dinner.

Here's Lamoni at Charity's house the morning of getting the last minute details set.

















No comments:

Post a Comment