Tuesday, July 12, 2016

June 2016

After getting the bath ready for Benjamin:
"I'm not going to take a bath. I took one last year."

Clipping my fingers Benjamin says "Are those new nail cutters Mommy?" "Yes, they are." "I'm so proud of you!!"

We went to the library this morning and Benjamin wouldn't leave my lap. In the bathroom he said, "Mommy when we go out can I hold you again?" (I still haven't corrected him that it's hold him, because I think it's so cute).  I told him yes, but that I wanted him to go have fun and he said "Holding you IS fun!!"

He copies Lamoni in everything he does. If Lamoni paces while talking on the phone, Benjamin is pacing right beside him. If Lamoni asks me a question Benjamin will ask the same thing. E.g. Lamoni asked if I had the receipt after leaving the store. A couple minutes later Benjamin said "Do you have the receipt, Mom?" When Lamoni gets home from work Benjamin follows him into every room he goes in and waits beside him while he does whatever he's doing.

While shopping the other day Benjamin sighed and said "Can we go home mommy?" I was surprised because he usually loves being out so I asked him why. His reply was, "I just want to play with my Dad."

Everything he learns he says he learned from Sister Sanchez, his nursery teacher at church. He was showing me his somersaults yesterday and I asked him where he learned to do them. He scrunched up his face thinking and said, "Sister Sanchez I think."

To try to avoid his bedtime stalling one night I asked "Do you need something else?" before leaving his room. Every night since then he says, "Wait mommy do you need something else??" He has no idea what it means but I have to say it every night.

"Don't break our car mommy. Are you driving fast? Ok, be careful. Don't break our car. If you break our car we'll have to walk on the hot street and then we'll scrape our knee and it will hurt really bad. So don't break our car, okay? "

We went to Louisville without him for a business function. Although he had a blast at Charity and Jarrett's house he was trying to figure out why he didn't go to Louisville. Here's his logic after he found out Ryan went. "Is Ryan a big boy, Mommy?" "Yes." "You say I'm a big boy too. If Ryan's a big boy and I'm a big boy then why did Ryan go to Arkansas and I didn't?"

No comments:

Post a Comment